Mini Engines – 998cc
Here at Mini Sport, we have a fantastic selection of 998cc Mini engines – including A Series, A Plus and Cooper engine types. Developed by our engineering experts for increased reliability and enhanced performance, our products have been designed to both reflect the traditional Mini driving experience, as well as to heighten it.
Remanufactured Mini Engines
For over 50 years, the Mini Sport team have been creating, sourcing and fitting Mini parts and accessories, establishing a world-leading business in the process. Our engine remanufacturing process follows 9 meticulous steps in which all components of the engine are dismantled, cleaned, inspected and balanced, aligned, machined and refined where needed.
The Mini Sport Engine remanufacturing process aims to promote quality, durability and longer service life – all at competitive prices. We also offer an extensive range of remanufactured cylinder heads, gearboxes, crankshafts, con rods, camshafts, engine blocks and flywheels too.
Our Selection of Engines For The Classic Mini
The 998cc Mini engine has two different versions, the A-Series (1962-1975) and the A Plus (1980-1992). Both have 64.58 mm (2.543 in) bore, stroke 76.2 mm (3.00 in).
- 1962-1969 Riley Elf/Wolseley Hornet – producing 38 hp (28 kW) at 5250 rpm and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m) at 2700 rpm
- 1966-1982 Australian Mini Moke.
- 1983-1993 Portuguese Mini Moke.
- 1964-1969 Austin/Morris Mini Cooper– 55 hp (41 kW) at 5800 rpm and 57 lb·ft (77 N·m) at 3000 rpm
- 1967-1980 Austin/Morris Mini– 38 hp (28 kW) at 5250 rpm and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m) at 2700 rpm
- 1969-1975 Mini Clubman– 38 hp (28 kW) at 5250 rpm and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m) at 2700 rpm
- 1969-1975 Mini Clubman (automatic) – 41 hp (31 kW) at 4850 rpm and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m) at 2750 rpm
- 1980–1982 Mini 1000, Mini City, Mini HL – 39 hp (29 kW) at 4750 rpm and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m) at 2000 rpm
- 1980–1982 Austin Allegro– 44 hp (33 kW) at 5250 rpm and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m) at 3000 rpm
- 1980–1990 Austin Metro– 41 hp (31 kW) at 5400 rpm and 51 lb·ft (69 N·m) at 2700 rpm
- 1982–1988 Mini HLE, Mini City E, Mini Mayfair– 40 hp (30 kW) at 5000 rpm and 50 lb·ft (68 N·m) at 2500 rpm
- 1981–1986 Austin Metro HLE– 46 bhp (34 kW) and 52 lb·ft (71 N·m)
- 1988–1992 Mini City, Mini Mayfair – 42 hp (31 kW) at 5250 rpm and 58 lb·ft (79 N·m) at 2600 rpm.
Why not take a look around our range of remanufactured Mini engines for yourself?
Mini Sport – The World’s Leading Mini Specialists
Since 1967, Mini Sport has been producing a range of remanufactured engines built on a long-established commitment to engineering excellence and customer satisfaction. Our commitment has always been to keep our beloved Mini's on the road when new replacement units have long since ceased to be available.
If you require any advice or information on any of our 998cc Mini engines and components, please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team on 01282 778731. Alternatively send an e-mail to us at email@example.com